HISTORY

Märzhäuser stands for precision and quality - meanwhile for 70 years

Bild von Heinz MärzhäuserIn 1946 the brothers Heinz and Walter Märzhäuser founded their company to develop and manufacture microscopy accessories in Wetzlar. The location was chosen in clever consideration, as Wetzlar, which is situated near to Frankfurt/Main, is a premium technology center within the precision mechanical and optical industry.

Due to company politics that strictly follow quality and innovation, Märzhäuser achieved a development from a once small ancillary manufacturing company to become the worldwide leading original equipment manufacturer for microscope stages.

Bild von Walter MärzhäuserThe number of employees steadily increased, beginning in 1952 with at first 20; nowadays approx. 170 employees are involved in the company’s success. However, this also meant that the production place consistently became too small. In order to meet the needs of the constantly growing company, first an outhouse was built and in 1997 a large new building expanded the production surface to 3,600 m².

The family enterprise, which is meanwhile managed in the second generation, is also perfectly prepared for the future. Highly qualified employees develop and manufacture the products in a modern machine park. Several independent departments stand for extraordinary manufacture deepness. The results of this multilateral orientation often lead to absolutely new technologies.

 

Fabrication at Märzhäuser 70 years ago: